The countdown is on! Star Wars: The Force Awakens opens later this month. We take a look at the 12 reasons to be excited for the most anticipated film in any galaxy (be it here or far, far away)...
1. Because the old gang is back together!
Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill are all returning along with their trusted companions, Chewbacca, C-3PO and R2-D2
2. Because Brienne of Tarth from Game of Thrones is in it!
And she's playing the first ever female Stormtrooper, Captain Phasma!
3. Because this little guy looks so damn cute:
We want one!
4. Because the Millennium Falcon is back!
No one can deny they want to see that old 'hunk of junk' make the jump to hyperspace again.
5. And so is John Williams!
His theme music is almost as iconic as Darth Vader himself.
6. But thank the Lord this guy is not:
The most hated character of all time Jar Jar Binks will not return. Rejoice!
7. Because the new cast looks awesome
John Boyega, Domhnall Gleeson, Oscar Isaac, Adam Driver, Lupiter Nyongo and Daisy Ridley are all newcomers to the franchise.
8. Because JJ Abrams is directing
The brains behind Lost and the new Star Trek movies takes the helm.
9. Because of this light-saber...
We mean, what even is it?
10. Because where the hell is Luke Skywalker?
Mark Hamill has not appeared in any trailers or artwork for the film, fuelling much speculation about his role in the film.
11. Because look at this image:
Darth Vader alert!!!!
12. Because these guys are reunited:
We've missed them.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens will be released into cinemas on December 18th.
Earn Lifestyle Points and discover new and exciting experiences.